Join us at Barbershop ‘Live’ as we gather to have an open conversation about men’s health and cancer, because real talk saves lives!
Part of the ‘Let’s Talk about Men and Cancer’ series
- 1 in 8 men in the UK will get Prostate Cancer
- For black men, it’s 1 in 4
- Prostate Cancer mainly affects men over the age 50
- For black men that age lowers to 45
- A family history of cancer this could increase the risk too
- So how do we address this issue in Luton?
Ready to talk?
Come to the ‘Barbershop ‘Live’: Let’s Talk About (Black) Men and (Prostate) Cancer’ event,
November 4th, 5-6.30pm (Doors open 4.45pm) at the Hat Factory Arts Centre, 65-67 Bute Street, Luton LU1 2EY
- Health Awareness talks
- Hear lived experiences
- Q&A session
- Networking and signposting to Prostate cancer support
- Free haircuts!
Panel to include:
- Community Leaders
- Health professionals
For further information, contact the Macmillan Luton Cancer Community Connector Team: